Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yeah, It's a Green Stop Sign.

How can I tell her?

How, in my inferior being
can I articulate the burning
deep within my heart?

Insurmountable beauty radiates
from her entirety
No man can ignore it

a smile so radiant
a laugh so contagious
a love so pure
so perfect

I can't tell her
No, no I can't tell her
the truth
the way i feel.

I don't fear action
I fear a consequence

I'm hopeless
I'm the frog, not the prince
She's the princess

I'm sitting here
wasting my time
wishing I knew
what to do.

I'm sitting here
without a paddle.

2 comments:

  1. It's totally a green stop sign!

    Great images. The burning in your heart. The speaker of the poem as a frog, not a prince. Sitting, without a paddle.

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nelson. The frog part was my favorite. It spoke to me.
    snap, snap, snap.

    ReplyDelete