Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Remember

I remember birth.
I remember innocence.
I remember the days of old; rather, the days of youth.
I remember preschool, the pool, and popcorn chicken.
I remember swimming lessons. Mom was so proud.
I remember beating up defenseless children
as the bully of the playground, the respected.
I remember the best show ever, Blues Clues.
I remember my stash of matchbox cars and hot wheels.
I remember innocence.
I remember leaving Ohio.
I remember getting my sisters in trouble.
I remember my phobia of rollercoasters.
I remember innocence.
I remember young love.
I remember young love as pointless.
I remember sixth grade.
I remember innocence.
I remember junior high racing past as I briefly closed my eyes.
I remember missing a good lunch.
I remember choir.
I remember my first sister leaving.
I remember the second one leaving.
I remember being alone.
I remember guitar.
I remember the desire I had to learn songs that I now know.
I remember my tastes in music as they progressed.
I remember the first Metallica song I heard.
I remember getting turned on.
I almost remember innocence.
I remember chasing my dreams.
I remember waking up this morning
wondering if it's worth it
wondering if I can make it through the day
wondering what people think of me
I remember the words of my father.
I remember rebirth.

3 comments:

  1. Really? I enjoyed reading this. I love reading things that go through people's minds. This was fun to read. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome. very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how it was turned into more of a repetition, and how irony played its part. Very intriguing. I remember Blues Clues.

    ReplyDelete